Until recently, he was the Group Medical Director and Chairman – Quality council, MHE which manages 16 Hospitals located in 6 states with 5000 beds and was responsible for Group Medical Operations, standardization and implementation of Quality system across all Hospitals of MHE, Clinical Research and mitigation of Medico Legal risks. Also responsible for the management of all “Managed/Teaching Hospitals” by the group. .
He has over 30 years of rich experience in Health care management with various National and International Organizations in senior managerial positions & Board positions and proved his expertise as:
- Regional Director – Asia – AMCARE INTERNATIONAL – an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins International, USA – was responsible for their Middle East and Far East operations.
- Managing Director – Amcare Labs – Malaysia
- Chief Operating Officer – Canadian Specialist Hospital – Dubai – UAE.
- Medical Director – Fortis Heart Institute, Chandigarh, India
- Executive Director – Welcare Hospital– Dubai – UAE
- Executive and Medical Director- Sea Horse Hospital– Trichy.
He brings with him, a rich multicultural experience with internationally recognized healthcare facilities in India, Malaysia and the United Arab Emirates.
He has excellent people management skills with immense experience in the delivery of quality initiatives, training and staff development.
“Doctor’s Day Award” (Dr. B.C, Roy Award) by Govt. Of Karnataka.
Awarded “Distinguished Alumni” by Manipal University
“Certificate of Appreciation” by Indian Medical Association
FELLOWSHIP & MEMBERSHIP:
- Principal Coordinator – Federation of Healthcare Associations (FHA), Karnataka
- National Academic Coordinator – Association of National Board Institutions (ANBAI)
- President – Indian Medical Association (IMA): South East Branch
- Executive Director – Bangalore Chapter of “Academy of Hospital Administration”
- Leader – Medical Value Travel Group of the Tourism Expert Committee of the Bangalore Chambers of Industry and Commerce (BCIC)
- Adjunct Professor – Department of Hospital Administration, Manipal University
- Immediate Past President – Private Hospitals and Nursing Home Association (PHANA)
- Immediate Past President – Association of National Board Institutions (ANBAI) – Karnataka chapter
- Health Service Committee member – Federation of India Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) – Bangalore
- Chairman – Scientific and International Collaboration Committee – Academy of Hospital Administration (AHA)
- Organizing Chairman – CAHOTECH 2017
- Advisory Committee member – Innovating Care Asia Pacific 2017 (ICAP 2017), Malaysia
- Auditor – National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH)
- Member – Accreditation Board for Healthcare Sector Skill Council – India (HSSC)
- Member – Executive committee of ‘Consortium of Accredited Healthcare Organizations (CAHO)
- Member – Advisory Board- IBS, Bangalore
- Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE)
- Member – Indian Society of Health Administrators & Karnataka Medical Council
- Member – Federation of Hospital Administrators of India
- Organizing Chairman – SASH 2014 (National Conference on Safe and Sustainable Hospitals)
- Organizing Secretary – CAHOCON 2015 (1st National Conference of Consortium of Accredited Healthcare Organizations)
- Organizing Chairman – Global Manipal Alumni Meet 2016 (GMAC2016)
- Advisory Member – CAHOCON 2017 International Annual Conference for Healthcare Administrators)
- Organizing Committee Chairman – Awards for Excellence in Post Graduate Medical Education and Examination 2017
- Former Associate Fellow of Australian College of Health Services Executives
- Co Organizing Secretary – SASH 2018 (National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Health Care Management -Safe and Sustainable Hospitals)