For your information, “Personal information” is any information that can be used by itself to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a person, or can be used with information available from other sources to uniquely identify an individual. For the purpose of this policy, sensitive personal data or information, such as medical history have been considered as a part of personal information.
Portea does collect your personal information for a variety of regulatory and business purposes. These include, but are not limited to:
- Verify your identity
- Provide, maintain and improve our products and services
- Anticipate and resolve issues and concerns with our products and services
- Promote and market our products and services which we consider may be of interest to you and may benefit you; and
- Ensure adherence to legal and regulatory requirements for prevention and detection of frauds and crimes.
- Track your location when you are using the Portea application
By using the Bigen and HealthVista clinician applications from the Google play store and performing duties for Portea, you agree to all terms & conditions as mentioned in the below document.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Portea and its authorized third parties will collect information pertaining to your identity, demographics, medical history and related evidentiary documentation. For the purposes of this document, a ‘Third Party’ is a service provider who associates with Portea and is involved in handling, managing, storing, processing, protecting and transmitting information of Portea.
This definition also includes all sub-contractors, consultants and/or representatives of the Third party.
We will also collect your personal information when you use our mobile applications, services or websites or otherwise interact with us during the course of our relationship.
Personal information collected and held by us may include your name, father’s name, mother’s name, spouse’s name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address, occupation and information contained in the documents used as proof of identity and proof of address. Portea and its authorized third parties collect, store, process following types of sensitive personal Information such as password, financial information (details of Bank account, credit card, debit card, or other payment instrument details), physiological information for providing our products, services and for use of our website. We may also hold information related to your utilization of our services which may include your call details while interacting with us, your browsing history on our website, location details and additional information provided by you while using our technical platform.
The clinician application that you use will have the ability to transfer images from the phone to the server as part of the uploads that you will do as part of your duties when discharging your services to the patients assigned to you by Portea.
The Bigen and HealthVista Clinicians application will track your location when you are checked in, both when the application is in the foreground as well as when it is in the background. This is to help with verifying your travel expenses as well as to check your adherence to the duties assigned to you.
We may keep a log of the activities performed by you on our websites and portal by using various internet techniques such as web cookies, web beacons, server log files, etc. for analytical purposes and for analysis of the amiability of various features on our site. This information may be used to provide you with a better experience at our portal along with evidentiary purposes. At any time while you are surfing our site, if you do not wish to share surfing information, you may opt out of receiving the cookies from our site by making appropriate changes to your browser privacy settings.
In case you do not provide your information or consent for usage of personal information or later on withdraw your consent for usage of the personal information so collected, Portea reserves the right to not provide employment as per the terms and conditions.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Information
- Internal Use: As explained in the section “Collection of Personal Information” Portea and its employees may utilize some or all available personal information for internal assessments, measures, operations and related activities.
- Authorized Third Parties: Portea may at its discretion employ, contract or include third parties (as defined in section 1: Collection of personal information) external to itself for strategic, tactical and operational purposes. Such agencies though external to Portea, will always be entities which are covered by contractual agreements. These agreements in turn include Portea’s guidelines to the management, treatment and secrecy of personal information.
- We may transfer your personal information or other information collected, stored, processed by us to any other entity or organization located in India or outside India only in case it is necessary for providing services to you or if you have consented (at the time of collection of information) to the same. This may also include sharing of aggregated information with them in order for them to understand our environment and consequently, provide you with better services. While sharing your personal information with third parties, adequate measures shall be taken to ensure that reasonable security practices are followed at the third party.
- You are providing your consent to contact you either via calls, sms or emails, and for sharing your personal information in several ways, such as in writing, online, through “click-through” agreements; orally, including through interactive voice response; or when your consent is part of the terms and conditions pursuant to which we provide you service; or when you provide us a missed call for our marketing SMS campaigns. Please note, this will override DND signups. We, however assure you that Portea does not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties (parties outside Portea corporate network and its Strategic and Business Partners) which could lead to invasion of your privacy.
- Government Agencies: We may also share your personal information with Government agencies or other authorized law enforcement agencies (LEAs) mandated under law to obtain such information for the purpose of verification of identity or for prevention, detection, investigation including but not limited to cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
Security Practices and Procedures
- We adopt reasonable security practices and procedures, to include, technical, operational, managerial and physical security controls in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, or disclosure while it is under our control.
- Our security practices and procedures limit access to personal information on need-only basis. Further, our employees are bound by Code of Conduct and Confidentiality Policies which obligate them to protect the confidentiality of personal information.
- We may retain your personal information for as long as required to provide you with services or if otherwise required under any law.
- When we dispose of your personal information, we use reasonable procedures to erase it or render it unreadable (for example, shredding documents and wiping electronic media).
- Internet Use – We maintain the security of our internet connections, however for reasons outside of our control, security risks may still arise. Any personal information transmitted to us or from our online products or services will therefore be your own risk. However, we will strive to ensure the security of your information. We observe reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against hacking and virus dissemination.
- A “cookie” is a small piece of information stored by a Web server on a Web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. portea.com may place both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer’s hard drive. portea.com’s cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
Update of Personal Information
We strive to keep our records updated with your latest information. To this end, if you see any discrepancy in your personal information or if a part of your personal information changes, we request you to reach out to the WFM team or your HR to get the information updated.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information stored by a Web server on a Web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. portea.com may place both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer’s hard drive. portea.com’s cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
Feedback and Concerns
We are committed to safeguard your personal information collected and handled by us and look forward to your continued support for the same. In case of any feedback or concern regarding protection of your personal information, please contact your regional HR.