how well prepared is portea for the new coronavirus/covid-19
As COVID-19 becomes the matter of global concern, Portea is taking proactive measures to help minimise the chances of spread of the coronavirus. The safety of our patients and our clinicians have always been a matter of top priority for us. We assure the sanitization of the medical equipment provided by Portea is of a top-notch level.
In the wake of COVID -19 Here is a quick update on some of the steps that Portea has taken to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all
The guidelines recommended by the Centre for Disease Control (CDC) and WHO is being followed and practised by Portea clinicians.
- Routine barrier precautions against expelled respiratory secretions.
- Overall prevention practices like Infection prevention, medical equipment disinfection, control measures and standard universal precautions.
- Our clinicians undergo a clinical check-up, before placement.
- Usage of personal protective equipment, including masks, gloves, gowns, and eyewear is being recommended as the top priority in the care of all patients with respiratory symptoms.
- Our clinicians have been trained on hand hygiene and high-touch surface disinfection.
- Clinicians are also educated and trained on self-monitoring, report signs of illness, and not to engage in, patient care while exhibiting infectious symptoms.
- Information on COVID-19 infections, symptoms, precautionary measures to be taken in order to contain the disease.
- Our clinicians have been trained and educated on self-quarantine and self-isolation.
- Training on risk assessment and management in case of potential exposure to a clinician while caring for a suspected coronavirus patient.
- Our clinicians are well educated about National Laboratories Testing for COVID -19
- Overall sanitization and disinfection of the medical equipment.