Content is medically reviewed by:
In females, one of the common cases of cancer is ovarian cancer. The ovarian cancer definition states that it is a type of uncontrolled growth of cells that originates in the ovaries of a female body. This type of cancer can be fatal if the person doesn’t go for ovarian cancer care at the earliest.
It is difficult to detect ovarian cancer until the damage is already done as the ovarian cancer symptoms are very subtle. However, if the ovarian cancer treatment is scheduled at early stages, ovarian cancer can be successfully treated.
Several hospitals have many advanced ovarian cancer home treatment options for people. With the help of these treatment methods, ovarian cancer care is possible. For weaker patients, ovarian cancer care at home is a very beneficial option. There are nurses for ovarian cancer treatment and ovarian cancer care facilities, who need them at their homes.
ovarian cancer symptoms
As mentioned above, the ovarian cancer symptoms in the early stages are really difficult to detect. But the ovarian cancer symptoms in the advanced stage often include the below-mentioned problems in the female body.
- Swelling or bloating of the abdominal area
- Quickly getting full after eating
- Dramatic weight loss
- Pelvic region encounters some discomfort
- Several changes in the bowel movement
- Common ovarian cancer symptoms also include constipation
- Frequent urinating
It is important for a female to undergo an ovarian cancer diagnostic test if they seem to have any one or more of these symptoms. With the help of the ovarian cancer screening tests, the doctor will be able to diagnose the condition ad plan a suitable course of the ovarian cancer treatment at home. The ovarian cancer home treatment plan is for those who are not able to visit the hospitals.
ovarian cancer causes
When it comes to ovarian cancer causes, there can be many reasons. Here are some of the ovarian cancer causes that people need to know about.
- Family History: People who have close relatives with ovarian cancer have higher chances of getting this type of cancer. With the help of ovarian cancer screening tests, it can be determined whether there is cancer in the genetic level or not.
- Age: Women, who have gone through menopause, have a stronger chance of having ovarian cancer.
- Birth Control: Women who do not take birth control pills after sexual intercourse can also have this type of cancer.
- Endometriosis: This is another one of the ovarian cancer causes in women. Those who have endometriosis have almost 30% more chance. It is advised for such females to go through some ovarian cancer tests just to be safe.
ovarian cancer types
There are many different ovarian cancer types. Ovarian cancer tests are helpful in finding the type and the stages as well.
- Epithelial Tumors: This type of cancer often happens outside the ovaries and in the thin tissue layer. This is a very common type as it happens in 90% of the affected women.
- Stromal Tumors: These tumors happen inside the tissue of the ovaries. They can be detected in the earlier stages.
- Germ Cell Tumors: These are one of the rarest ovarian cancer types and they occur in the cells of the ovaries that produce the eggs. Few younger women happen to have this type of cancer
With the help of the diagnostic tests, the doctors will be able to identify the type of cancer to devise a proper ovarian cancer treatment at home plan for the women.
ovarian cancer stages
There are 4 ovarian cancer stages in general. It is recommended for the females to go for an ovarian cancer treatment at the earliest stage to ensure proper ovarian cancer care.
- Stage 1: Cancer happens in the ovaries and is limited there
- Stage 2: Cancer spreads to the pelvic area
- Stage3: Ovarian cancer spreads outside but does not move beyond the abdomen
- Stage 4: The disease reaches the liver and crosses the abdominal area
It may not be possible to go through an ovarian cancer home treatment plan if the cancer is in advanced stage. In case of ovarian cancer, the earlier the treatment happens, the better it will be.
ovarian cancer diagnosis
The ovarian cancer diagnosis is done through a series of different procedures. The correct diagnoses of ovarian cancer helps doctors in proper ovarian cancer treatment as well.
- Pelvic Examinations: The doctor will go through some physical examinations to check the organs in the pelvic area.
- Imaging Tests: The ovarian cancer diagnostic test also includes some imaging examinations such as CT scans and ultrasounds. Also, the ovarian cancer screening tests are really helpful in the diagnosis.
- Blood Tests: The blood tests include the tests of organ function to check the health of the patient
- Surgery: Surgical procedures are used for the removal of the ovaries to check in the lab
ovarian cancer treatment
The methods of ovarian cancer treatment often include several procedures that the doctors use to remove cancer.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a very common method of ovarian cancer treatment that helps in eliminating the cancerous cells that are multiplying
- Radiation: The therapy of radiation includes the pointing of the radiation in the direction of cancer to remove it completely. Very often, radiation is used as a follow up of chemotherapy
- Hormone Therapy: The estrogen in the body is prohibited to reach the cancer-causing cells. This causes them to die and further treats the ovarian cancer
- Surgery: In advanced cases, surgical procedures to remove the ovaries is the only option that doctors can use
how can we help?
The doctors at Portea will always have quality options for ovarian cancer treatment at home for you. The nurses for ovarian cancer treatment and ovarian cancer care are always available. We will always be at your service.
Even if you cannot come to the hospital, we have quality options for ovarian cancer home treatment, so that when you are tired of visiting the hospital again and again, our ovarian cancer care at home service can take care of you.R