Patient care attendants or patient attendants meaning is the same. Patient attendants are basically caregivers who take care of a patient unable to care for themselves. The job of a patient attendant involves caring for the elderly, the disabled or the chronically sick. Patient attendants are trained caregivers and are also certified and undergo on job training to boost their skills and knowledge of the job.
Patient attendants is a broad term for all the different types of caregivers involved in providing care and assistance to the elderly and all those patients who are not able to care for themselves. The term patient attendants include nursing assistants, nurse’s aides, home health aides, geriatric aides and hospital attendants.
Patient attendants work with patients either at a healthcare facility or provide in home patient care, that is travel to a patient’s house and provide care and assistance in their daily life chores
Job responsibilities of a Patient Care Attendant
The varied job responsibilities of a patient caretaker are varied and can range from daily life chores to medical assistance. Some of the common job responsibilities of an attendant for patient are as follows;
- Taking vital signs and maintaining its records in the medical chart
- Help with collecting lab specimens
- Assist in the transportation of the patient.
- Help with daily life chores like bathing and dressing.
- Provide support to patients who need assistance for walking or standing
- A patient care attendant is also responsible for communicating the patient’s needs to effective channels
- Patient attendants
isalso responsible for feeding the patient and ensuring that their dietary needs are met
- Patient caregivers also train and assist patients to use medical devices and equipment as required
- Overseeing the administration of medication is also one of the primary responsibilities of a patient attendant
- Patient attendants also help in changing the position of the patient to prevent bedsores
- A patient attendant is responsible for updating relief workers on any unusual condition of the patient that needs to be
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN PATIENT CARE ATTENDANTS
A well trained patient attendant should demonstrate the following skills;
thoroughunderstanding of medical terminology, diseases, and procedures
- A patient attendant should be aware of basic first aid and CPR procedure and should be trained well to administer it if needed
- A patient caretaker should have an empathetic approach should have a personal interest in the health and well-being of their patient
- Patient attendant needs to always place the needs of the patient ahead of his
- They should be able to work independently, without supervision
- Respect, dignity
andconfidentiality are the corner stonefor being a trustworthy and reliable patient attendant.
- Should have great time management skills
- An important factor for a good patient caretaker is good physical strength and
stamina,so that they can provide physical support to the patient when n eeded
HOW CAN WE HELP?
The elderly and the patients always prefer to recover in the familiar surroundings of a home than a sterile hospital. Aiding this wish of the people is our highly reliable at home healthcare services, under which we offer quality patient home care. In this patient care home health a well trained and completely reliable personal attendant will visit your home and provide complete assistance to the patient or the elderly as required. So if you are looking for an effective patient home care, then just get in touch with us and we would offer comprehensive care to the patient via a friendly patient care attendant. We also provide female attendant for patients along with male attendants and can easily accept special request regarding the type of patient attendant.